Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Homemade Taco Seasoning

I do not have a picture but had to pass this along! Last week I was going to make fajitas but realized I didn't want to use the packaged taco seasoning that I am sure is full of salt! So I decided to make my own.  I Googled a few recipes to try and navigate what should go in it and I found a great combination! This smells EXACTLY like what you would buy in the store but it's great because most of you will have everything you need on hand and you know exactly what you are putting into your body! Enjoy! 

What you need:
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons of chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
14 teaspoon cumin

What to do: 
Mix all ingredients together and they will form a dry rub great for chicken, beef or veggies! 

**This made enough to dry rub vegetables and chicken for 3 people

No comments:

Post a Comment