Monday, June 3, 2013

Spicy Black Bean Dip

Wow, I have not posted in well over a month! I apologize, I have been doing quit a bit of traveling and thus, no cooking.  I did my fair share of eating, drinking and lounging in the sun on vacation so now back to business. I had my friend Sabrina over for dinner last night and had planned on making this Cilantro Lime Black Bean Dip that is fantastic! However, when I did my grocery shopping for the week the produce selection was scarce and I was unable to grab any cilantro.  I planted some last week but it hasn't grown enough to really utilize at this point. I decided to just throw together some things I had on hand for a Spicy Black Bean Dip and it turned out really well.  I didn't do much measuring so I'll try to get the recipe as close to correct proportions as possible! Luckily, I think this is something you can't really mess up and can just taste and add spice as you desire so make it your own! 

Spicy Black Bean Dip
-Yields a little over a cup

What you need: 
1 can of black beans (drained)
1 Tablespoon of green onions (chopped)
2 Tablespoons of white onions (chopped)
1 large clove of Garlic
About 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil 
About 3 Tablespoons of Lime Juice 
Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Cayenne Pepper to taste
1/4 of a jalapeno (seeds in for more heat, out for less heat)
*Shredded cheese, optional for garnish

Directions: 
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until well blended.  I like a creamier dip so I added small amounts of lime juice until I reach the consistency that I enjoy! I recommend adding more lime juice and not more Olive Oil to get a nice flavor! Garnish with shredded chees, chives and/or sour cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment