Saturday, December 29, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Now these may not be a healthy option but what can I say? Sometimes, you just have a sweet tooth.  I spent the whole day cooking and trying to clean up the after the holidays mess.  The whole time, all I could think about was having something sweet.  Not being prepared, I had to adapt a few different recipes to make it work with what I had on hand.  Luckily, it was a success and I was able to satisfy my craving!

Mackenzie's Oatmeal
Chocolate Chip Cookies

What you Need:
1/2 c. vegetable shortening.
1&1/2 cups of brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1&1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1&1/2 cups of oats
1 cup of chocolate chips
1/2 cup of coconut

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, cream together shortening, brown sugar, eggs & vanilla extract.
3) In a small bowl mix together flour, salt, baking soda.
4) Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.  Once mixed, fold in oats, chocolate chips and coconut.
5) Drop by rounded spoon fulls onto a cookie sheet.
6) Bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment