Friday, February 8, 2013

Oat Flour Pancakes

I have a personal goal to try to start making my own bread.  This isn't working out well as I keep forgetting that is my goal and buying bread when I go shopping.  I decided I could at least make a transition from white flour with little effort.  Last time I was shopping I bought some Oat Flour and have been trying to test it out here and there.  For brunch on Sunday we thought Pancakes sounded like a good idea as we had been working out hard all week.
Below is a recipe for Pancakes using Oat Flour.  I will say that you can tell a difference, to me they are a little more dense, but they were really good and definitely a recipe worth ditching the white flour.
 
Oat Flour Pancakes

Ingredients:
-1 cup of Oat Flour
-1/4 cup of Egg Beaters
-1 cup of Almond Milk
-4 Tablespoons of melted butter
-1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
-1 Tablespoon of Organic sugar
-sprinkle of salt 





Directions:
1) Mix dry ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.

2) Slowly whisk in the wet ingredients into your dry mixture. Whisk until well blended. 
 
3) Using a ladle, pour batter in small circles onto a greased griddle.  I like to do small to medium sized pancakes but will work well for larger ones as well. Wait until you see air bubbles forming before you flip pancake over.  

**This recipe will make about 8 medium sized pancakes.  This recipe will double easily if cooking for a crowd. 
 
**If you make medium sized pancakes this recipe comes out to where each pancake is 2 Weight Watchers points.

**Pictured with Egg Beaters scrambled with Kale and thinly sliced turkey  

No comments:

Post a Comment