Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Roasted Garlic and Soy Asian Salad Dressing

I have been trying to come up with different ideas for the Mason Jar Salads so that we don't get tired of them.  I thought an Asian style dressing might be a great idea for a veggie based salad.  I looked around at different recipes and finally settled on trying this one from Eating Well.  If you don't know me, I must admit that my decision was based solely on the amount of garlic used in the recipe.  I figured with this much garlic it has to be great... and it is! I think this would also be a great dipping sauce for veggies and chicken as well! My version is below, with a few small changes. 

Roasted Garlic and Soy Asian Salad Dressing

Garlic after roasting  *mine is a little burned as I
did not have any aluminum foil.  It turned out just fine
but I am sure would be better covered
What you Need:
- 1 head of garlic
- 4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil 
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon of low-sodium soy sauce
- Freshly ground pepper to taste 

**Yields about 3/4 of a cup















Final product
Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rub excess
papery skin off of garlic but leave all the gloves together. Slice off tip of head in order to expose the top of the cloves. Place the garlic on a small piece of foil and drizzle with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Wrap in the foil and place in a baking dish. Bake in the oven for about 45-60 minutes. Unwrap and let cool slightly.

2) Squeeze the garlic bulb into a food processor or a blender.  You will want to discard the skin but the cloves should be so soft that when you squeeze they slide right out.  Make sure to get all of them as some may be smaller than others. Add the remaining ingredients (Only 3 Tablespoons of olive oil now as you used one to season the garlic) and process until well blended. 










No comments:

Post a Comment